Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What do you mean "budget"?

For a few years now we have been living just a smudge beyond our means; every month going just a little over, just so it didn't hurt. Husband-so-dear had been applying for new jobs with greater earning potential, even second jobs but he wasn't even getting so much as a phone call. We kept thinking it would happen "any day now" (He seriously is such a great catch for a company. They don't know what they're missing. His employees love him, his numbers for his office are awesome, and the guy can do calculations faster than you can find a calculator. I used to be the "math person"...now I suck because I just tell him my calculations). Well, any day now was not coming and our "smidge over" was really starting to add up. I bought "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey and read some of it, we got excited and never did anything (womp womp). Fast forward....finally came the day where I said we have to change or it's going to start to really hit us. We sat down and joined the ranks of the other smart people out there paying down our debt with our debt snowball. We've done a lot of stupid things with our money but we are finally on the right track! Woo hoo! We made the decision to sell my car (since it still had payments and was worth more than we owed) and take that money to buy a used minivan. We had been talking about getting a van but they were so expensive. We found a 12 year old van with only 70k miles on it and it's in GREAT condition! The morning after we bought Gloria (our new-to-us van) we both looked at each other and sighed with relief. We knew we were making the right decision. We are so happy to finally be taking these steps and God had SO been blessing our faithfulness. It has been amazing to see his reassurance come through in so many ways. I'm going to try to trickle in our progress and keep us accountable through here. Even if no one is reading it now, I know it's out there and I have to answer for myself. :) Looking forward to living like no one else so later on we can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment